East Bengal signs contract with Emami Group, to play Indian Super League

Spread the love

History was written when East Bengal and Emami Group came together officially to launch their new venture, Emami East Bengal.

While Emami Group holds 77 per cent share, the red and gold team will be holding the remaining 23 per cent in the newly-formed venture. The officials of the new company also informed that Emami East Bengal will participate in every major competitions including the Indian Super League (ISL) as East Bengal FC.

While there are seven members from Emami Group in the Board, there are three from East Bengal.

A grand event was organised to launch the new logo of Emami East Bengal. From Alok Mukherjee, Mehtab Hussain, Bhaskar Ganguly, Rahim Nabi to Prasanta Banerjee, several well-known players were present at the event.

Emami Group director Manish Goenka said two giants of Kolkata have come together. “I am confident that we will emerge victorious. We have appointed Stephen Constantine. He has experience in Indian football and I’m sure, we will make a good team,” he said.

Emami Group is the third investor of East Bengal in the last four years after Quess Corp and Shree Cement.


Spread the love